The original 1974 cult classic, SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT, music composed and conducted by Gershon Kingsley. Gershon Kingsley is a pioneer of early electronic music and an Emmy-winning, Tony-nominated composer well known for his many works as a composer and conductor, including his internationally recognized hit instrumental Popcorn (1969).
Gershon Kingsley's score for SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT is a Gothic score composed for strings and piano, recorded and conducted by Gershon Kingsley with a chamber orchestra in Munich, Germany. Kingsley's score was deconstructed and rearranged to accommodate subsequent edits of the film and unfortunately lost much of its fluidity and structure. This release features the score, for the first time, as presented by the composer.
SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT ¬• The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is a limited edition pressing of 1000 and features the score in the form of two suites, as preserved by Gershon Kingsley from the original quarter inch tapes. The two suites are divided into thirteen tracks representing various movements within each suite. The album features beautifully crafted liner notes highlighting the composer, the score, and the film
Suite I, Movement 1 (3:06)
02. Suite I, Movement 2 (1:31)
03. Suite I, Movement 3 (2:08)
04. Suite I, Movement 4 (1:45)
05. Suite I, Movement 5 (0:35)
06. Suite I, Movement 6 (1:29)
07. Suite I, Movement 7 (0:55)
08. Suite I, Movement 8 (1:24)
09. Suite I, Movement 9 (2:46)
10. Suite I, Movement 10 (3:23)
11. Suite II, Movement 1 (6:17)
12. Suite II, Movement 2 (2:23)
13. Suite II, Movement 3 (2:37