Skip to content
INCLUDES 6 BONUS TRACKS
A 1954 American crime drama film directed by Elia Kazan and written by Budd Schulberg, On the Waterfront stars Marlon Brando and features Karl Malden, Lee J. Cobb, Rod Steiger, Pat Henning, and, in her film debut, Eva Marie Saint. The soundtrack score was composed by Leonard Bernstein in his second Hollywood experience after writing part of the music for On the Town in 1949.
"On the Waterfront" was a critical and commercial success and received twelve Academy Award nominations, winning eight, including Best Picture, Best Actor for Brando, Best Supporting Actress for Saint, and Best Director for Kazan. In 1997 it was ranked by the American Film Institute as the eighth-greatest American movie of all time and in AFI√ïs 2007 list it was ranked 19th. It is Bernstein√ïs only original film score not adapted from a stage production with songs.
While the original soundtrack, included here in its entirety, was conducted by Morris Stoloff, Bernstein√ïs own version of his Suite on the film√ïs music, recorded in 1960 with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, has been added as a bonus.
- Music composed by LEONARD BERNSTEIN
- The Columbia Pictures Orchestra conducted by MORRIS STOLOFF
- Including Leonard Bernstein on piano on track 7.
- Recorded at Columbia Pictures Recording Studios, Hollywood, California, April 24, 27 & 28, 1954.
- (*) BONUS TRACKS: Symphonic Suite from On the Waterfront
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by LEONARD BERNSTEIN.
- Recorded at Manhattan Center, New York, late 1960.
01 ON THE WATERFRONT (Main Title)
02 ROOF MORNING
04 RIOT IN CHURCH
05 GLOVE SCENE
06 GLOVE SCENE (Coda)
07 PIGEONS AND BEER
08 SALOON LOVE
09 WATERFRONT LOVE THEME
10 BLUE GOON BLUES
11 AFTER SERMON
12 ROOF 3
13 CONFESSION SCENE
14 KANGAROO COURT
15 CAB AND BEDROOM
16 CHARLEY√ïS DEATH
17 THROWING THE GUN
18 DEAD PIGEONS
19 THE CHALLENGE AND THE FLIGHT
20 WALK AND END TITLE
21 ON THE WATERFRONT (Main Title #2)
22 THE ACCIDENT
23 √íGOTT LEBET NOCH√ì (ORGAN)
24 BLUE GOON BLUES √êWHISTLE
25 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part I (*)
26 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part II (*)
27 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part III (*)
28 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part IV (*)
29 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part V (*)
30 ON THE WATERFRONT SUITE: Part VI (*)
TOTAL TIME: 69:55 Min.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.