Expanded CD debut of passionate Giorgio Gaslini score written for Roberto Malenotti√ïs Le sorelle, a lesbian soft-core film starring Nathalie Delon and Susan Strasberg.
Martha (Strasberg) and Diana (Delon) are two sisters who had a passionate affair in the past which lead to their break-up. Both of them had gotten married, but her recent divorce makes Diana reconsider her decision. After a nervous breakdown during an international conference, she travels home to visit Martha and meet her older husband and cocky brother. Thinking that Martha and Alex cannot have a relationship as good as theirs, Diana is bent on breaking up the marriage, especially after she learns that Martha keeps a lover as well. Her decision will lead to an unfortunate death...
Giorgio Gaslini√ïs score is an excellent example of character themes with each major character receiving a memorable accompaniment. From Martha√ïs passionate motive to Diana√ïs decadent Baroque theme and Alex√ïs impotence transferred to music, this lyrical score has a hint of Gaslini√ïs memorable jazz compositions with some experimental psychological disturbance complimenting the larger-than-life forbidden romance. The haunting main title piece √íVoce di uno strato psicol‚Äîgico√ì contains a rare solo performance by Edda dell√ïOrso.
The CD, fully mastered and restored by Claudio Fuiano, is an expanded release of the original Cinevox LP with over 25 minutes of previously unreleased alternate recordings. 12-page liner notes by Gergely Hubai discuss the film and the score. They are based on an original interview with the composer.
THE ORIGINAL ALBUM
01. Memory (3:19)
02. Le Rose Blu√ï (1:45)
03. Quicksilver (2:16)
04. Viaggio in Danimarca (1:08)
05. Riprendendo il Volo (2:57)
06. Qualcosa di Incomprensible (3:09)
08. Alex (2:55)
09. Le Sorelle (5:40)
10. Voce si Strato Psicologico (2:00)
11. Una Distesa di Desideri (3:18)
12. Bliss (5:50)
13. Le Sorelle (pianoforte per due sorelle) (2:58)
14. Diana (un amore antico) (2:21)
15. Voce di Strato Psicologico (fantasmi dell√ïanimo) (2:48)
16. Le Rose Blu' (amore impossibile) (1:30)
17. Riprendendo il Volo (clavicembalo solitario) (2:47)
18. Le rose Blu' (Attimo epico) (0:29)
19. Una Distesa di Desideri (terrore interiore) (2:44)
20. Bliss (indomabili sentimenti) (3:13)
21. Diana (soliloquio) (0:54)
22. Le Rose Blu' (attesa incerta) (1:56)
23. Qualcosa di Incomprensible (agitazione) (2:46)
24. Bliss (ricordi del passato) (1:24)