Ship to Shore PhonoCo. – in association with Cadabra Records – are very proud to announce the release of Frizzi Beyond Fulci – Volume 1, a compilation of selected works by the Italian maestro!
Despite being best known for his horror scores for the Godfather of Gore Lucio Fulci, Frizzi’s output over the years has reached a legendary status for its eclectic nature. From the electro-style Italian chart-topper Mastermix – which wouldn’t sound out of place on one of the classic Street Sounds compilations – to the Contraband disco track You Are Not The Same and much more in-between (Prog Rock influenced Euro Pop? Yep!), Frizzi Beyond Fulci delves deep into the back catalogue of Fabio Frizzi, once again shining a beacon on his talent to create not only dynamic movie scores but also great songs.
Featuring extensive liner notes by Stephen Thrower (author of Beyond Terror: The Films Of Lucio Fulci), Frizzi Beyond Fulci: Volume 1 is not only a fantastic launching pad for Frizzi’s work beyond the horror movies of Fulci but also a must-have for Frizzi collectors due to the inclusion of previously unreleased tracks such as the main theme to the film Rolf and TV movie Kamikaze. Miss out at your own peril!
1. General Master – Mastermix
2. Living In The Past (from the original soundtrack of “Assassinio Al Cimitero Etrusco”)
3. Delitto in Formula Uno (Seq. 1)
4. Rolf (from the original soundtrack of “Rolf”)
1. You Are Not The Same (from the original soundtrack of “Contraband”)
3. Nothing Really Is Missed Till It’s Gone (from the original soundtrack of “7 Ragazze Di Classe”)
4. Kamikaze – Seq 1 (from the original soundtrack of “Kamikaze”)
5. La Melodia Fatale