- The most comprehensive vinyl edition of the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter√ïs first feature film, Dark Star (1974).
- For the fans of John Carpenter, sci-fi movie soundtracks, electronic experimentations, and strange vinyl releases. Also, for surfers.
- Includes the sought-after "When Twilight Falls on NGC 891" by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings, for the first time ever on a John Carpenter-related release.
- Limited Edition LP + Colour Vinyl 7√ì
WRWTFWW Records is ecstatic to bring back the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter√ïs Dark Star (1974) with added bonuses that are sure to satisfy all cult sci-fi soundtrack completists of the galaxy (and further).
This limited edition double combo comes with a 12" and a 7". The former is a remastered version of the original motion picture soundtrack consisting of incidental music, sound effects, John Carpenter√ïs synth experimentations, dialogue excerpts, and vintage interferences extracted directly from the film roll.
The 7" is red with a yellow label circled in black (in pure beachball alien fashion) and contains "Ode to a Bell Jar" remade by loyal Carpenter collaborator Alan Howarth (Escape from New York, Christine, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live√â), the fan favorite "Benson Arizona" remade by Dominik Hauser, the very sought-after "When Twilight Falls on NGC 891" by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings (in the real world *James Clarke√ïs Spring Bossa), as well as endless loops of sound effects from the movie to turn your house into your very own scout ship. Oh and there is a very secret hidden bonus track too!
It all comes in slick thermostellar triggering packaging with a brand new artwork and invisible hyperdrive electronics - the best way to relive the Dark Star adventure and celebrate John Carpenter√ïs first directorial feature film released in 1974 and co-written by (and starring!) all around legend Dan O√ïBannon (Alien, Lifeforce, The Return of the Living Dead). Let there be light!
- Eighth release from WRWTFWW Records aka We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records (Piero Umiliani√ïs Tra Scienza e Fantascienza, Pieces soundtrack, Qui √¶tes-Vous Polly Maggoo? soundtrack by Michel Legrand)...
A - Music, Sound Effects And Dialogue Excerpts Part 1 (Remastered) 25:10
B - Music, Sound Effects And Dialogue Excerpts Part 2 (Remastered) 25:51
A1 - Martin Segundo and the Scintilla Strings √íWhen Twilight Falls on NGC 891√ì
A2 - Alan Howarth - Doolittle√ïs Solo (Remake)
A3 - Loop #1
A4 - Loop #2
B1 - Dominik Hauser - Benson Arizona (Remake)
B2 - Very secret hidden bonus track
B3 - Loop #3
B3 - Loop #4